Sunday, July 4, 2010

Post-Op Day 7

Day 7 (Monday, May 31) - For the most part, day 7 was a repeat of day 6 except w/o the food wall. Thankfully, I got over the wanting solid food thing pretty quickly. But the pain meds, I was still fighting to take them. OMG they tasted so bad! So I decided that this was the last day I was taking them, I HAD to get off them. I'd been taking the pain meds every 6 hours since I had been home from the hospital, I couldn't take it anymore.

I alternated taking the horrible narcotic meds with liquid children's ibuprofen, so it went something like this - narcotics then 6 hours later ibuprofen, 4 hours later narcotics, 6 hours later ibuprofen, and so on. It worked and I was feeling much better by the end of the day. I did this for the whole day and night with the plan of stopping the narcotics the next day.

Here are day 7 pics - I was not feeling the greatest and I think that shows, and I attempted to smile, to the extent my face would allow anyway:


No comments:

Post a Comment