Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bummer News :(

Day 16 (Wed, June 9): Really not much new to report for this day. Felt good. Swelling continued to go down just a little bit everyday. I was up and about doing stuff around the house, and walking around the back yard more often. Everything was looking up. :)

Day 16 pic

Day 17 (Thurs, June 10): So the week had been all sunshine and roses for the most part until my ortho appt w/Dr Nelson. He told me that I would need a revision surgery to bring down the right section of my upper jaw. The rubber bands I had been wearing would fix the issue, but it would take 6-8 months to do it....the surgery would reduce my remaining orthodontic time down to around 4 months. He might as well have punched me in the gut. Talk about raining on my parade. :|  At least I didn't have wear any rubberbands till after it.

Q had talked to me about the risk of needing a revision surgery along with all the other risks, but it was a measly 1 fricking %. It really wasn't something that I had thought about much so I just wasn't mentally prepared for it. I knew it would be done in the office and that it would a lot less traumatic than the initial surgery, but still it really bummed me out.

Day 17 pics

1 comment:

  1. you look great though! that is some encouragement for me... your swelling is down.

    -makay

    ReplyDelete