Sunday, July 4, 2010

1 Week!

Day 8 (Tues, June 1): Milestone - 1 week!  :)

I felt really good this day. I took my last narcotic pain meds early that morning, and then I had myself on just the liquid ibuprofen. Maybe it was just a mental thing, but I felt great! :) I also removed the motion sickness/anti-nausea patch that I'd been wearing since the day before the surgery. I figured I won't need it anymore since I wasn't taking those awful narcotics anymore, right?

I had my first (official) post-op appointment w/Dr Q in the afternoon. Q said I looked really great, and that I looked more like I was at 2 weeks post-op instead of 1 week. That made me feel good. :) He was happy with my healing and said my teeth fit together nicely now. He touched my face to check on the numbness and was impressed that only a couple places were numb - the right side of my chin and lower lip were my only numb spots. :) He asked how I was doing pain wise which I was happy to report that the last dose of the narcotics was early that morning. He asked about if I was having any nausea, and I told him my stomach had got a little queasy in the Jeep on the way to his office, but it wasn't anything bad. He said he wanted to see me again on Friday before the weekend. All was well until the ride home...

I totally emptied my stomach on the way home. I really think it was the stop and go of rush hour traffic that did me in. :( So much for not needing that anti-nausea patch anymore. *Big sigh* So I got home, and I really thought it was over, and it was the car ride that caused it. It wasn't over. Pretty soon I was dry heaving, and I couldn't stop. This went on for about 2 hours. (And nothing turns me into a blubbering baby quicker than vomiting!) My husband called Q cause he couldn't take listening to me any longer. Q calls in another prescription for two different anti-nausea meds - one for the anti-nausea patch, and one for an anti-nausea pill that they give to cancer patients going thru chemo. That little cancer patient pill was AWESOME. It tasted good, and it worked instantly! And it lasted 6 hours. I felt much better and was able to sleep. :)

Here are my 1 week post-op pics (first time I really noticed how much my profile had changed, and in a good way!):

No comments:

Post a Comment