Monday, July 5, 2010

Post-Op Day 14

Day 14 (Monday, June 7): I was back to see Dr Nelson on this day. He liked the progress the rubber bands were doing on bringing down the right side so I need to keep up with that. He told me I need to start massaging my cheeks and upper lip area, and to push the swelling down my face towards my neck. This would help my body get the swelling work out. Also, he told me that scar tissue can form a line along the inside of my upper lip and actually create a visible ridge so by massaging that area down it will keep my skin smooth. (This was news to me since I hadn't come across it at all in my research prior to the surgery.) And the other thing he told me was to work on stretching my mouth and jaw. I need to be able to get 2 fingers in the opening of my mouth and to regain the range of motion (ROM). I had some work to do!


Day 14 pics

No comments:

Post a Comment