Sunday, July 11, 2010

Post-Op 3 Weeks....and Revision Surgery

Day 22 (Tuesday, June 15): Well the good news was that I was at 3 weeks post-op!  :) 

The bad was I was at Q's office for the revision surgery. :(

I was there bright and early in the morning for the revision surgery. Q got my IV going right away which I was happy about 'cause is knocked me out. The next thing I know I was waking up and being walked to the recovery room. I was completely numb to the right of my nose - my cheek and upper lip were NUMB (I was told I would be though to be fair). I wasn't even that numb after the jaw surgery!

So I'm in the recovery room, right, and someone had the TV on and it was BLARING loud. WHF? It's a recovery room people, isn't it supposed to be QUIET??? I had asked my husband twice to have it turned down. I swear he was trying to ignore me since it was the FIFA world cup games that was on. Grrrrr. Finally, he asked to have it turned down, and I was able to sleep off the sedation stuff some.

I remember someone trying to ask me a little later if I was ready to go home, and I said no, and went back to sleep. Then I remember waking up and I had tears running down my face. I really don't know why, but it continued all the way home.

The rest of day was fairly uneventful. I was back on the narcotic pain meds so I was knocked out sleeping mostly. I do remember having a hard looking at myself in the mirror, because I had some swelling on the right side of my face again. I had a rough patch later that night when I was getting ready for bed, I just couldn't stand to see the swelling and I had a mini emotional breakdown. I wasn't happy at all. Of course, during my little emotional crisis, Dr Q calls to check in on how I was doing. Thankfully, I didn't have to talk to him, my husband did. Pain-wise I was fine. I wasn't having any problems with that or bleeding or anything like that. The swelling I had was normal. I was just having a hard time emotionally dealing with it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment