Sunday, July 11, 2010

Post-Op Day 28

Day 28: Monday June 21st was my first day back at work. I'd been off for 3 1/2 weeks. Kind of a bummer since I didn't miss it at all, but that's why it's work, right? I also wasn't too happy with the fact that I was still puffy (not super noticeable, but it's all I could see) and I have one faint bruise on my right side that was refusing to go away. :|

I was nervous about seeing my coworkers, or rather them seeing me. Most everyone knew I was having this surgery so I assume they were all going to be staring at me. I know I do have some differences in my appearance, but it's nothing drastic, and I think the changes are all for the better. And I'm super happy with my profile now. I feel more confident now.  But still, on the way in to work I was really feeling some pressure. All I wanted to do was turn around and go back home. When I pulled into the parking I almost started to cry, and for the life of me I don't know why. I got my composure back, sucked it up and went in. Gotta start facing the real world again at some point, right?

It really turned out to better than I was expecting. Most everyone said welcome back, and asked how it had went and how was I feeling, ya know the typical stuff when someone has been out for a while. The only thing that I wasn't prepared for was a meeting...first thing that morning was our quarterly meeting our director which includes the two groups under her. This meeting usually is about 2 hours. Ugh! After that the day went on pretty much uneventful. I was tired at the end of the day though. Lots of talking had made my whole jaw ache.

I also had an ortho appt before work, and Dr Nelson said I didn't have to wear the bands while I'm at work. Yeah! It's so hard to talk with those things in so this makes me very happy. :) He also says I have to continue with the face massaging to help push the remaining swelling out of my face. I also need to really stretch my mouth and jaw to get the range of motion back. Oh, and get this, he says I have a textbook perfect bite! That is truly amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment