Sunday, July 11, 2010

Post-Op Day 21

Day 21 (Monday, June 14): I was back to see Dr Nelson again. He just wanted to confirm that the revision surgery was the right course of action, which after checking my bite he said it was. He sensed that I was pretty tense about the whole thing, and I told him I wasn't happy about it at all.

Side note - This is just one example of why I really like my doctors so much. They both are so good at asking that probing question to get me to say what's on my mind happy or not, and then they break it down and explain so that it's like 'Oh, well that makes sense', or 'That's not so bad.'

So Dr Nelson tells me that since I haven't had a lot of dental work (actually zero - I've never even had a cavity) it's hard for me to understand that all dental work is done in such tiny, small measurements that it's hard to ever have anything done perfectly exact. He said I should view this as an adjustment instead of surgery, because that is what it really is, just an adjustment. No different than if he when he changed out a wire or reposition a bracket. It's not that the surgery wasn't done correctly, he said the surgery really was perfect. He told me that I'd be glad it was being done 'cause I'd be out of the braces a lot sooner. I still wasn't happy about it, but I did feel a little better. Whatever, just get it done...the sooner it's done the sooner I can move on...right? And I wanna say - I trust both these guys, I really do. So if this is the best plan of attack then that's what has to be done. If they told me I needed to jump off a bridge I would do it. I trust that they know what's best for my treatment.

I had done some shopping over the weekend - nothing makes a girl happier quicker than some shopping! ;) I actually even needed some new jeans/pants since everything I owned was falling off me. I had lost ~8-10 lbs up to this point and had done down 1 pant size. Anyhow, along the way I found a few new sandals and cute summery tops. On Monday I planted some new flowers around the house. I was feeling really great! (minus the revision surgery) :)

Day 21 pics - Most of the swelling was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment