Monday, July 5, 2010

2 Weeks!


Day 15 (Tues, June 8):  2 weeks post-op!! :)  

The hubby had gone back to work this week so I was flying solo by week 2 into my recovery. He did a great job of taking care of me and keeping me on track with all my meds. Plus he put up w/me when I turned into a baby. ;)  

Overall I felt great at this point. I was looking better, feeling better, my mood was improving, everything really was looking up now. I loved my new profile - it really was exciting to see how much better it looked! I noticed for the first time that my teeth fit together properly - MY teeth fit together - WOW! I got emotional about it. It was really amazing to think that I had a perfect bite (or was going to soon). This was the moment I realize that this really was a life changing experience. I'm so happy with the results so far. :) And I absolutely love my doctors - they are the best!! :)
 

Good Stuff:
  • I feel like myself again (for the most part)
  • The swelling has really gone down!
  • I can brush the backs of my teeth now
  • I can almost swish mouthwash now
  • My smile is getting bigger
  • Eating is getting easier
  • Finding lots of tastey soups so the blended diet isn't so bad after all
  • Not spending the entire day sleeping
  • I love, love, LOVE my heating pad!
  • The nausea is GONE! (the yogurt helped)
  • NO MORE PAIN MEDS!!!!
  • Congestion has finally started to release from my sinuses - Yeah!
  • Most of the bruising has vanished :)
  • I'm able to drive myself around
 Annoyances:
  • Talking is still really difficult
  • Drooling has become the norm
  • Coughing hurts my joints
  • The tingling in my chin gets INTENSE right before I go to bed
  • My nose is runny all the time
  • Laughing hurts my face
  • Realized my gums and inside of my cheeks are numb
  • One pesky yellowish bruise still remains on my face

  

No comments:

Post a Comment