Sunday, July 11, 2010

Post-Op Day 23 & Post Revision Surgery

Day 23 (Wed, June 16):  I was still not a happy camper - the right side of my face was puffy, I was having some pain on that side of my face, and still overall depressed about it all. The pain meds took care of the discomfort I was having so that was good I guess. At least I wasn't crying anymore whenever I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Funny thing - I had a dream the night before that my whole upper jaw was about to fall out of my mouth. Llike if I openned my mouth it would just fall completely out. Those pain meds made me CRAZY!! :D

Day 23 pic


So, looking back at this point in my recovery now that I'm almost 7 weeks post-op, I can see that the swelling wasn't near as bad as I thought it was at the time. At the time I was REALLY bummed out over the whole ordeal, and the new swelling seemed HUGE to me. It's all I could see at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment