Sunday, June 27, 2010

Post-Op Day 4

Day 4 (Friday, May 28) - Chubby, chubby cheeks! lol  Still had a lot of swelling. I think it's kind of a toss up as to if day 3 or 4 was my peak swelling day. I think my profile looked slightly more puffed on day 3. I was smiling in the first pic, that's all I could mange to get.
I felt REALLY good this day. Especially considering what had been done just a couple days ago. I had another friend stop by the house to see me. She brought me flowers and a strawberry smoothie. :) She also brought over a sandwhich for my husband. Watching them eat their burgers and tots was a bit cruel since I won't be able to touch that stuff for 3 months.  :( Oh well, gotta get used to it sometime.

Profile pics:


Before we left the hospital, Q gave my husband a list of things for once we got home.
  • Heating pad 20 minutes per side throughout the day
  • Exercise - walk down one house and back, slowly increase by one house until she can walk around block
  • Keep up w/liquids - don't get dehydrated
  • NORMAL
    • Tired & grouchy
    • Sore
    • Nose bleeds
  • NOT NORMAL
    • Rapid swelling on 1 side
    • Non stop nose bleed
    • Nausea that meds don't help
    • Temp over 101 degrees & swollen/flushed
  • BUY
    • Prune juice - Pain meds will cause constipation
    • Childrens Motrin - help reduce the swelling
    • Childrens liquid Benadryl - use for sedative for if any meds hype her up

No comments:

Post a Comment