Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tongue Depressors

That's my "home" physical therapy for the next 10 days.  Sticking a bunch of tongue depressors in my mouth.  LOL  Right now 17 fit in my mouth.  I have to add 4 more to the stack by adding one everyother day, and holding the stack in my mouth for 15 minutes.  All I can do is laugh, I look completely ridiculous. :D  But, hey, if it works then I don't have to do real physical therapy, and that makes it worth it! :)

Also, Dr Q got my mouth to open to 34 mm which is 4 mm more that the last time!  I was completely surprised, because I didn't think I had improved from the last appt since I was a bit more tense due to things at work this past week.  That Flexeril must be helping!  (Just to note: 34mm is still VERY limited.  I read somewhere that 50 mm is considered the norm for females so I still have A LOT of work to do!)

Other good news this past week - I saw Dr Nelson on Tuesday, and he said my bite looked perfect!  And I don't need to wear the rubberbands anymore.  Woo! Woo!  I had just said to my husband the night before how tired I was of putting those on at night. lol  I don't go back to see Dr Nelson for FOUR whole weeks - that hasn't happened since well before the surgery!

And, I got my teeth cleaned on Monday.  I was afraid it won't go very well, because of my ROM issues and that I'd be in a lot of pain.  So not the case.  It went really well, and it feels great to have clean teeth! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roxie!
    That is a little funny, but hey if it works that is also super easy! Glad to hear elastics coming out too, that is good progress!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete